If there is one product that I absolutely must have to get me through spring and summer its Fake Bake. I was introduced to this product last spring and I have gone through a few bottles since then. This is why it is better than any other self tanner out there.
- It comes with gloves and a chamois mitt for a flawless, streak free, spotless application.
- It is darker when you put it on then when you rinse it off, which prevents over application.
- Smells like a tropical vacation
- Beautiful color, not orangey like other self tanners that I have tried
- No distinct line of demarkation between where the tan is applied and where it ends, so you don't have to worry about covering your shoulders with the product and not being able to reach your back.
- One bottle will last you for months, even with consistent application
This is what I have found to be the best method for application:
- Shave the day or two before you plan to apply (it can be mildly irritating to recently shaved skin)
- If you have lotion on your legs, rinse off and scrub or exfoliate your skin
- Once you are dry, apply gloves (to both hands) and mitt
- Shake bottle well, spray about 8 times directly onto the mitt and smooth onto your legs. I like to start at the bottom and work my way up.
- Keep spraying the mitt and applying to body as needed. I do a super quick light application on my feet and around my ankles. Bend and unbend your knees and heels as you apply to avoid creases.
- For your upper body I recommend doing a super quick and light application (meaning I don't spray any new tanner on the mitt, just use residual from end of last section) around my armpits. You don't want the tanner in your armpits, it will all sweat off and it's gross, and smells weird with sweat. Bend and unbend your elbows as applying but again do a very light application over your elbows (it really like to stick here)
- By the time you are done applying you will be dry, it's quick.
- Remove gloves, wash hands thoroughly.
- Use the residual tanner left on the mitt to apply to wrists and the tops of your hands after you have the gloves off.
- Grab a cotton ball or cotton pad and get it damp by wetting it and wringing it out. Very lightly go over your elbows, ankles and wrists with the damp cotton ball. This will remove excess without removing all of it
- Lounge around for about 10 minutes in a robe, very loose fitting clothing, or underwear.
If you have applied the original Fake Bake then you are going to leave this on overnight or all day. I prefer to do it at night. Rinse off (no soap or shower gel) in the morning and enjoy your new glow!
If you have applied the 60 minute Fake Bake then you will leave it on for 1 hour for a light tan, 2 hours for a medium tan or 3 hours for a deep tan then you will rinse off. Just rinse with warm water, no soap or shower gel.
Other Fake Bake products that I love and have tried are the Fake Bake aerosol tan, but this can be a bit messy and the Fake Bake Flawless Face. The flawless face is great for disguising brown spots on the face. I apply all around the darker areas of my face and it makes the darker spots appear not so dark. Of course remember to wash your hands after any application
If you are interested in purchasing any of the Fake Bake products you can contact me at 208-841-1090 and I will be happy to provide it for you.