Are you looking for a different way to style your hair? Are you tired of the same ponytail that is lurking behind your head everyday? Here are a few tips to help you jazz it up without taking too much time or effort!
- Grab a rubber band, some bobby pins, pomade and hair spray.
- Divide your hair into two ponytails, one small section on your right, one larger section on your left.
- Apply pomade: Place a dime sized or less amount of pomade in your palm, emulsify it in your palms like your going to wash your palms with it.
- Secure left side with 1 rubber band towards the nape of your neck. Grab right section smooth hair away from your face gathering into a ponytail while twisting to achieve a rolled look.
- Wrap the twist around, and under tucking the ends into the twist and directing the ends downward into the rest of the ponytail. Secure with bobby pins directing the pins into the base of the left side ponytail.
A sleek side parted ponytail is another way to jazz it up. It just involves a little more work.
- Comb or brush through the hair to smooth out any bumps or ridges that want to poke out, especially around the nape of the neck.
- Pick a part. Using a comb define a side part. This will depend on your personal style but I encourage you to go a little bit deeper part than you normally would.
- Apply pomade: Place a dime sized or less amount of pomade in your palm, emulsify it in your palms like your going to wash your palms with it. Use your tacky pomade hands to slick back your ponytail into the upper middle section of your head. Smooth and straighten your hair tightly back preparing to secure it into a rubber band. You may need to grab the brush again to really lay down any bumps. Repeat step 2 if needed. Sometimes you just need a little more product to achieve the sleek look.
- If you want to disguise the ponytail holder to achieve a totally sleek look you can leave out of the ponytail a small section at the base of your neck.
- Secure ponytail using a rubber band elastic. Pull up leftover bottom section of hair towards the ponytail, wrap this section around the rubber band to "hide" it. Secure any loose ends with a bobby pin into the base of the elastic. Spray with a loose setting hairspray. Beautiful.